Consumer Information Obligations - or Why, How and Where to recycle
Under the requirements of the Northern Irish Packaging Regulations, businesses that are defined as sellers must provide their customers, householders and other businesses, information on a range of recycling issues. Nipak is pleased to be able to provide this information service on behalf of our members.
The Regulations detail the following requirements in the provision of Consumer Information Obligations;
(4) A person who is a producer and
(d) if his main activity is that of seller; provide information to consumers of the goods sold by him about the following; (Information links below)
- (i) the return, collection and recovery systems available to them
- (ii) their role in contributing to reuse, recovery and recycling of packaging and packaging waste
- (iii) the meaning of related markings on packaging that he places on the market and that relates to his recovery and recycling obligations; and
- (iv) the chapter dealing with the management of packaging and packaging waste in any strategy prepared under Article 18 of the Waste and Contaminated Land (Northern Ireland) Order 1997 and the 2006 revised “Towards Resource Management” national waste strategy).